Study material for exam DA-100 Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft has a new exam DA-100 Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI and the content of this exam will be updated on March 23, 2021. What are some of the best materials I can use to study for this exam?
In this tip, we will provide you with the basic information on this exam and the appropriate study materials including web links, books, online courses, practice test and tips you can use to prepare for and pass the exam.
What is the Audience of DA-100 Exam?
This exam DA-100 Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI is aimed at Data Analysts who want to validate their skills. Candidates should have a fundamental understanding of data repositories and data processing both on-premises and in the cloud.
What is the Format, Duration, Number of Questions of the exam?
- The exam DA-100 duration is 180 Minutes.
- The exam DA-100 format includes multiple choice and multi-response questions.
- The exam DA-100 has 40-60 questions.
What is the score to pass?
Which books would you recommend for this exam?
- Exam Ref DA-100 Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI 1st Edition by Daniil Maslyuk. This Exam Ref is the official study guide for the new Microsoft DA-100 Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI certification exam. This title has not yet been released as of this writing, but you can preorder the book at Amazon.com.
- The Definitive Guide to DAX Second Edition by Alberto Ferrari Marco Russo. As DAX are intensive topics in the exam, this comprehensive and authoritative guide to the DAX language will be very useful to prepare for and pass the exam.
- Microsoft Power BI Quick Start Guide 2nd Edition by Devin Knight etc. The book provides an accessible fast paced introduction to all aspects of Power BI for new or aspiring BI professionals who want to get up and running with Microsoft Power BI.
Do you recommend a practice test for this exam?
mindhub.com provides the Microsoft Official Practice Test powered by MeasureUp. This test contains 146 questions and all objectives of the exam are covered in depth so you'll be ready for any question on the exam.
Are there some courses for this exam?
Microsoft Learning paths provides some free online courses to gain the skills needed to become certified. The Learning paths videos covering the following topics:
- Get started with Microsoft data analytics
- Prepare data for analysis
- Model data in Power B
- Visualize data in Power BI
- Data analysis in Power BI
Udemy has a course covers the content required for the DA-100 certification exams, current as per the DA-100 exam update of 27 January 2021.
Can you provide some links to study for the exam?
Here are the best links that we recommend (Red links are the changes that will be implemented on March 23, 2021):
Prepare the Data
- Get data from different data sources
- Identify and connect to a data source
- Change data source settings
- Select a shared dataset or create a local dataset
- Select a storage mode
- Choose an appropriate query type
- Identify query performance issues
- Use Microsoft Dataverse
- Use parameters
- Use or create a PBIDS file
- Use or create a data flow
- Connect to a dataset using the XMLA endpoint
- Profile the data
- Clean, transform, and load the data
- Resolve inconsistencies, unexpected or null values, and data quality issues
- Apply user-friendly value replacements
- Identify and create appropriate keys for joins
- Evaluate and transform column data types
- Apply data shape transformations to table structures
- Combine queries
- Apply user-friendly naming conventions to columns and queries
- Leverage Advanced Editor to modify Power Query M code
- Configure data loading
- Resolve data import errors
Model the Data
- Design a data model
- Define the tables
- Configure table and column properties
- Define quick measures
- Flatten out a parent-child hierarchy
- Define role-playing dimensions
- Define a relationship's cardinality and cross-filter direction
- Design the data model to meet performance requirements
- Resolve many-to-many relationships
- Create a common date table
- Define the appropriate level of data granularity
- Develop a data model
- Create measures by using DAX
- Optimize model performance
Visualize the Data
- Create reports
- Add visualization items to reports
- Choose an appropriate visualization type
- Format and configure visualizations
- Import a custom visual
- Configure conditional formatting
- Apply slicing and filtering
- Add an R or Python visual
- Configure the report page
- Design and configure for accessibility
- Configure automatic page refresh
- Create a paginated report
- Create dashboards
- Enrich reports for usability
- Configure bookmarks
- Create custom tooltips
- Edit and configure interactions between visuals
- Configure navigation for a report
- Apply sorting
- Configure Sync Slicers
- Use the selection pane
- Use drillthrough and cross filter
- Drilldown into data using interactive visuals
- Export report data
- Design reports for mobile devices
Analyze the Data
- Enhance reports to expose insights
- Perform advanced analysis
Deploy and Maintain Deliverables
- Manage datasets
- Create and manage workspaces
- Create and configure a workspace
- Recommend a development lifecycle strategy
- Assign workspace roles
- Configure and update a workspace app
- Publish, import, or update assets in a workspace
- Apply sensitivity labels to workspace content
- Use deployment pipelines
- Configure subscriptions
- Promote or certify Power BI content
For more information and exam prepare tips, refer to the links below:
- Exam DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- Passing DA-100 Microsoft Exam — My Experience
- DA-100 Microsoft Exam: How to Prep and Pass
About the author
View all my tips
Article Last Updated: 2021-03-25